Dr. David Daesoo Kim is the founder of Research Institute for Counseling & Education (RICE). Dr. Kim is a licensed professional counselor in state of Georgia. Dr. Kim has enjoyed providing psychotherapy over past 17 years. He is an adjunct faculty at the Mercer Medical School (Marriage Family Therapy Program) and maintains a private practice in Peachtree Corners, Georgia where he works with individuals, couples, and families in both Korean and English languages.
Dr. Kim offers both short and long-term psychotherapy depending on client need. Some people find just a few sessions helpful to resolve an issue while others choose to explore long-standing patterns and struggles over a more extended period of time.
The following are some of the issues he addresses with clients.
- Relationship Issues.
- Introspection/Insight Therapy.
- Self Exploration and Discovery.
- Depression and Anxiety.
- Grief and Loss.
- Life Transitions.
- Anger Management/Domestic Partner Violence.
- ADHD/Adult ADD.
- Adolescent and Parental Issues.
- LGBTQ/Sexual Identity Issues (from open and affirming perspectives) and
- Personal Growth and Development
- PhD. Counselor Education & Supervision (Mercer University).
- Master (STM) in Pastoral Counseling. (Boston University).
- Master of Divinity. (Emory University).
- Adjunct faculty member (Since 2011 to current). Mercer School of Medicine.
- Psychotherapist. Research Institute for Counseling & Education (RICE)
- Director of Mental Health Programs. Center for Pan Asian Community Services
- Men Stopping Violence Against Women (M.S.V. Georgia)
- Family Violence Intervention Program Facilitator. (Certified in state of Georgia)
- Faculty member. Blanton-Peale Institute, New York
- Fellow. Danielsen Institute (3 years)
- Fellow. Center for Anxiety and Related Disorder (2 years)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- Chi Sigma Iota (CSI): Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International
David Daesoo Kim, PhD. LPC